Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Audacity of Hope

I've never been much of a domestic political guy. From my first PoliSci 2 class at Cal through my years of living in Hong Kong, I always figured whoever the US president was didn't matter THAT much. I mean sure I preferred Billy Bob Clinton to Bush the Elder, but as long as they weren't making a huge mess of things, I would concentrate on understanding international politics.

Then came Chimpy McFlightsuit and the end of "Our Long National Nightmare of Peace and Prosperity"

It's funny how things work out - I voted for Gore . . .and Kerry, but neither really inspired me. In fact, with Kerry, I was just trying to keep Bush, Jr. out of office. So I was a little worried about the 2008 election. But this past week, I've made my choice of horses to back. I'm not sure he's going to get there, but I have the audacity of hope.




Two reasons I am backing my horse:

1. This fantastic article in the New York Times about Obama and pick-up basketball. You know I'm a sucker for basketball

2. I attended this meeting and Obama spoke over the phone with us . .. and he was fucking inspiring. Seriously. I'm ready now.





Sign me up.








No comments: