The Australian Dairy Company. Really close to where my dad grew up on Parkes Street in Jordan, Kowloon Hong Kong.
I don't know how they do it, but the eggs are buttery, moist, perfectly seasoned and oh-so-light. There's usually a line, and the double skinned milk is the most famous dish here, but I would gladly stab someone (I didn't like) for someone to make me those eggs daily.
Australia Dairy Company (澳洲牛奶公司)
Address: 47 Parkes Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong Phone: +852-2730-1356
Scrambled Eggs with thick white bread $13 HKD ($1.90 US)
French electronic artists Daft Punk are playing a secret show in Shanghai this Friday. Very cool. Here's my 500 RMB ticket.
I'm not normally a big electronic music guy, but I've heard from everyone that Daft Punk is not a normal electronic music concert. I mean they have ROBOT COSTUMES. Of course on the other hand, they're french, but I think ROBOT COSTUMES are the important thing here.
Anyways - it's all kind of cool - here's the website for the concert. As you can see they won't reveal the concert location until the day of the show.
Here's the duo performing "Harder, better, Faster, Stronger" from Alive 2006.
It's pretty exciting. I think this concert is cooler than I am.
25 random things. I'm loathe to put this on my facebook where everyone else has it. I'll just copy JennWong and put mine here.
1. I claim Los Angeles as my home, but I've been known to tell people I'm from Hong Kong, Berkeley and Pittsburgh. All of which are true.
2. I miss restaurants more than I miss places. When I think of Berkeley (Top Dog) Los Angeles (in-n-out, bravo burger, any number of taco places) and Hong Kong (Jim Zai Kee) I usually think of food first.
3. My first car was a 1984 Blue Honda Accord LX. Perhaps the both the easiest to drive and most gutless car in the world.
4. Obviously my favorite sport teams are the California Golden Bears football and basketball teams. Following that is the US Men's Senior Soccer National Team, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Houston Rockets.
5. I'm very left handed.
6. I own over 120 pairs of shoes. The majority of them are Nike basketball and running shoes, but not all of them.
7. I've seen every episode of Night Court.
8. (And the Wire and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Seinfeld and the cartoon version of the Tick and Star Trek TOS)
9. I love the Coen Brothers.
10. I've now been to 30 countries/territories/places I need to show my passport by the age of 34. My goal is to equal out countries and age by 36.
11. Outside of places I've lived, I've visited Beijing, Taipei, Manila, Bangkok and Tokyo the most.
12. In the last 365 days I've been to Harbin, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Spain for personal trips.
13. My favorite basketball players have tended to be Lakers guards - Byron Scott, Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones to name 3.
14. I wear my watch on my right hand.
15. One summer I ate the same exact lunch every single day I was on campus. A torta with carnitas, extra avocado, no salsa and a Snapple Lemon Ice Tea. $5.25
16. I've never lived more than 25 minutes commute away from work.
17. My team won the 1999 adidas Streetball Tournament in Hong Kong.
18. I enjoy travelling on my own.
19. One of my bicycles cost me 2 months pay.
20. The most played songs on my iTunes are: Kanye West - Stronger, Shadow Stabbing - Cake, Elanor Put Your Boots On - Franz Ferdinand, Paranoid Android - Radiohead, Guerilla Radio - Rage Against the Machine
21. I will always and forever believe that the best album of all time is the Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream
22. I have a major soft spot for New Jack Swing - Bobby Brown, New Edition, BoyzIIMen