Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Best Scrambled Eggs in the World





The Australian Dairy Company. Really close to where my dad grew up on Parkes Street in Jordan, Kowloon Hong Kong.

I don't know how they do it, but the eggs are buttery, moist, perfectly seasoned and oh-so-light. There's usually a line, and the double skinned milk is the most famous dish here, but I would gladly stab someone (I didn't like) for someone to make me those eggs daily.

Australia Dairy Company (澳洲牛奶公司)

Address: 47 Parkes Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Phone: +852-2730-1356

Scrambled Eggs with thick white bread $13 HKD ($1.90 US)

7 comments:

James Creegan said...

The eggs look OK- but on untoasted bread? That's sick (and not in the cool, youthspeak way)

T. said...

Actually, the toast is lightly toasted, and buttery. Mmm. I miss this place already.

Woai said...

It can't be that hard to make something similar. I add milk to my eggs to fluff it up a bit and cook in butter instead of oil. That picture makes me miss a good HK style cafe snack though. I'm a sucker for egg with luncheon meat sandwiches.

T. said...

You would think so, but man alive, I've never had eggs so consistently good that trips in 1992, and living there in 1997-2002 and recent visits all elicit the same reaction.

Damn damn good scrambled eggs.

Also, the double skinned milk is really quite tasty.

WoAi said...

So I went there tonight and loved it. Thanks for the recommendation. No way I would have found it otherwise.

thetrystero said...

"Also, the double skinned milk is really quite tasty"

what kind of skin do they wrap the milk in?

T. said...

@thetrystero - It's not really wrapped in skin, it's just somehow set and heated with sugar and egg white so that the milk forms a skin.